Whether you have a personal blog, business or cool idea, you should preferably try and get a domain as soon as possible. Your domain is your online identity and it’s how people (potential customers!) find you on the internet.
When you’re looking for a domain name it should represent your business, website or brand. If you’re just starting out, brainstorm some ideas then when you find a name you like, use our domain checker and see if it’s available to register.
Some tips for your domain…
- Try and make it as short as you can. Shorter domains are easier to remember and we recommend a max of 10 letters if possible!
- The domain should be memorable. Ask family/friends what they think of it before registering.
- If you already have a business then it’s best to use your business name.
- Is your domain not available? Try another extension such as .net, .org etc.
- Once you’ve found a domain you like ask friends and family what they think.
Don’t forget – a domain is just the start… You’re going to need web hosting so that you can get your website online and use your domain for emails too. Visit our web hosting page and choose a hosting package. If you have any questions please get in touch.
Photo by Markus Winkler on Unsplash.